November 16, 2009

Distractions, distractions

My deadline is December 1. It is a self-imposed deadline. If I did not give myself said deadline, I could drag this book on forever. Why? Because I'm at the hard part - editing. No matter how many times I go over a chapter, there are little things that stick out, and I imagine nothing but time (vast, vast amounts of it) will change that. Editing is difficult - hair-pulling, stress-inducing difficult. So that makes a lot of other things seem more interesting.

I have 14.5 days to finish the book, and yet I have not started working today because the following things seem infinitely more easy/fun than editing:

  • Laundry
  • The cats
  • The mail (which included no less than three of my favorite magazines today, including the Christmas issue of Martha Stewart Living and Entertainment Weekly's New Moon coverage)
  • Articles about random stuff on MSN
  • The very, very pretty day outside
  • Facebook
  • Black Friday deals
  • Talking to my friend Jessica over IM
Ah, the fun of being a writer. But it is fun, once I stop stressing. It's easy to forget, but I am blessed to have the opportunity to live out my dream, to try my hand at becoming an author.

Better stop wasting time and get to work.

Catt out.

No comments:

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...