June 15, 2010

Goal

I have set a major goal for myself. It will require me spending less time online for the next 2 weeks. A less strict version of No Internet Distractions Week, if you will.

My goal?

Finish this round of edits through the end of the novel and finish combining chs. 1&2, which will hopefully put me in the position of being ready to send out to betas.

There. I've publicly declared it. Scary, scary, because if I didn't share at least then no one would have known if I fail. But I won't fail, right?

Right.

Because it's all up to me.

13 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

Good luck!

JEM said...

Good luck! I'm also in revisions, so I feel your pain :)

Rachel Bateman said...

Yay! This excites me. :)

You won't fail. You have a really great perspective on things – there are a lot of things in life that are up to chance, but this is in your control. You can do it!

Sandy Shin said...

Good luck! :)

Declaring it is a huge step toward keeping yourself accountable.

Erinn said...

Declaring your goal forces you to get it done. I did that with my current WIP-- my goal is to finish it by next week, I have 8 days.

Good luck with your writing goal.

Remilda Graystone said...

Oooh, no pressure. *grin*

Good luck! I know you can do it!

The Blue Lipstick Samurai said...

If anyone can do this, you can. All you need is BIC!

Heidi said...

go for it!

Krispy said...

Go you! You will not fail! :)

Erik said...

Good luck! Not that you need it :)

Sarah Enni said...

This is awesome! I love the public declaration of goals. Then there's the added pressure that really does help get things done! GOOD LUCK!

Jubu said...

Good luck! I've set a goal for myself now that I finally have some downtime this summer: actually finish my first post-grad school script. I just keep telling myself, "One page at a time."

Angela said...

I think it's great you're putting all your energies into writing, and that you have such a supportive husband. Good luck on your edits.

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...