March 01, 2010

Food adventures in Philly

[CLICK HERE to enter THE TABBY CATT's very first contest, In Like a Lion. One lucky reader will win their choice of 1 of 4 outstanding books!]

Bear and I arrived in Philadelphia today. We had dinner at Moriarty's Irish Pub & Restaurant, where Bear ordered HUGE buffalo wings - I'm talking full-sized flappers here!

This chicken wing is basically the size of my hand.

For dessert we stopped by Naked Chocolate, an amazing gourment chocolatier that makes their chocolate on-site. Among their offerings were chocolate Eiffel Towers & Corvettes, by-the-pound chocolate, and a variety of cupcake flavors. We got a European-style hot chocolate that was so thick, it was like eating liquid chocolate. We also got a few individual pieces of chocolate and a chocolate cupcake with decadent vanilla buttercream icing.

 Our chocolate treasures.

On another note, I failed to reach my February Reading Goal, with 80 pages to go in my third book this month. Here is my progress so far this year:

JANUARY
1. SUITE SCARLETT by Maureen Johnson (Young Adult)
2. THE TEMPTATION OF THE NIGHT JASMINE by Lauren Willig (Historical Fiction/Spy Thriller/Romance)

FEBRUARY
3. THE HORSE AND HIS BOY by C.S. Lewis (Christian/Fantasy)
4. TITHE by Holly Black (YA/Urban Fantasy)
5. PRINCE CASPIAN by C.S. Lewis (Christian/Fantasy)
 
As a child, I never wanted to read the NARNIA books, but I am genuinely enjoying the series. TITHE is superbly written. I didn't want to stop reading, and I am really looking forward to picking up the sequels, VALIANT and IRONSIDE, later this year.
 
I plan on finishing PRINCE CASPIAN tonight, and then am going to start on the 5th book in the CHRONICLES OF NARNIA SERIES, THE VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER.
 
Hope everyone's week started out well! I am stuffed and sleepy and going to curl up with CASPIAN.

1 comment:

Jody Hedlund said...

My mom read the Narnia series to me when I was a child. I've had fun reading them to my kids, and now getting to watch the new movies.

Thanks for swinging by my blog! And BTW, that chocolate looks to die for!!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...