February 16, 2010

Throw your hands up 'cause we never gave in!

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Even if you didn't have a significant other to spend it with, I hope you spent some time with your loved ones and told them you care. Valentine's Day is about romance, but it is also about showing those you care about that you love and appreciate them.

I hope you also did something special for yourself on Valentine's Day (and every day) because you gotta love yourself first, right? If you didn't treat yourself, it's not too late - go home and take a bubble bath tonight or buy your favorite meal for lunch or whatever makes you happy, because we all work hard and we all deserve it!

For Valentine's Day, Bear surprised me with a French baguette from my favorite bakery and this:

An Edible Arrangement! No chocolate for me (well, maybe a little... on the apples). Give me bread and fruit any day!

And now for a little inspiration. I love Taylor Swift (going to her Charlotte concert on May 1st!). I know she's a polarizing figure - most people like her or really don't like her - but either way, check out the lyrics below. They are truly inspiring, especially when you are *this close* to giving up.



CHANGE by Taylor Swift

And it's a sad picture, the final blow hits you

Somebody else gets what you wanted again
You know it's all the same, another time and place
Repeating history and you're getting sick of it

But I believe in whatever you do
And I'll do anything to see it through
Because these things will change, can you feel it now?
These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down
It's a revolution, the time will come for us to finally win

We'll sing hallelujah!
We'll sing hallelujah!

So we've been outnumbered, raided and now cornered
It's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair
We're getting stronger now from things they never found
They might be bigger but we're faster and never scared

You can walk away and say we don't need this
But there's something in your eyes says we can beat this

'Cause these things will change, can you feel it now?
These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down
It's a revolution, the time will come for us to finally win

We'll sing hallelujah!
We'll sing hallelujah!

Tonight we stand, get off our knees
Fight for what we worked for all these years
And the battle was long, it's the fight of our lives
But we'll stand up champions tonight
It was the night things changed, can you see it now?

These walls that they put up to hold us back fell down
It's a revolution, throw your hands up, 'cause we never gave in

We'll sing hallelujah!
We sang hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
You can see why this song was featured in NBC's coverage of the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics.

And finally, I have SEVEN boxes of Girl Scout cookies in my kitchen, so I know it's going to be a great week! Hope yours is off to a happy, productive start!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I hope you had a good valentine's day :) my hubby got me, "Tithe" for one of my Valentine's Day gifts so I'm reading it too!

Erik said...

Hm, I hardly noticed VD.

Abby Stevens said...

So far I am about 110 pages in and I'm loving how gritty the story is. And I LOVE Holly Black's writing style. I think I like her writing better than a lot of people I've read lately. She definitely earned her starred Kirkus review. :)

Rachel Bateman said...

LOVE Taylor Swift! I am so jealous you get to go see her. Sadly she isn't coming anywhere close to Nowhere, Montana on her tour (not that it would be easy to get tickets even if she did).

I do a lot of my writing to Taylor's music. I find it incredibly conducive to writing YA.

Abby Stevens said...

I was actually trying to see a different show but that one sold out so fast I couldn't get tickets! Just glad I have the Charlotte tickets, even if it is 6 hours away! I listen to her music a lot when I write, too. I find her very inspiring and love that she writes her own songs!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...